OSHA 10 Hour General Industry
Starts: To Be Announce
Please Call 718-395-4110
Course Description: The 30-hour General Industry Outreach Training Program is intended to provide a variety of training to workers with some safety responsibility. Training should emphasize hazard identification, avoidance, control and prevention, not OSHA standards. Instructional time must be a minimum of 30 hours.
Topics include but not limited to:
- Introduction to OSHA
- Managing Safety and Health
- Walking and Working Surfaces, including fall protection
- Exit Routes, Emergency Action Plans, Fire Prevention Plans, and Fire Protection
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Materials Handling
- Hazard Communication
- Hazardous Materials (Flammable and Combustible Liquids, Spray Finishing, Compressed Gases, Dipping and Coating Operations).
- Permit-Required Confined Spaces.
- Lockout /Tagout.
- Machine Guarding.
- Welding, Cutting, and Brazing.
- Introduction to Industrial Hygiene.
- Bloodborne Pathogens.
- Fall Protection.
- Safety and Health Programs.
- Powered Industrial Vehicles.
Pre-requisites: There are no pre-requisites for the course. Students must speak the language in which the course is given.
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, the students will be able to identify, abate, avoid and prevent job related hazards.
Course Duration: 30 Hours of training (not including class breaks)
Course and attendance Policy: Students must earn a 70% or more in their final exam in order to successfully complete the training. Students are required to complete 100% of the course and actively participate in all learning activities. Upon successful class completion, students will receive a certificate of class completion and will receive their 10 hour OSHA card within 4-6 weeks. Cards will be sent via regular mail to the address provided in the registration form or picked up at the office if indicated by the student.
|Date / Fecha|
Monday – Thursday 8:00am – 4:00pm